Theatre and Cinema Cleaning Checklist
Leaving a good first impression when a customer first enters your establishment is essential for your customers to understand that you’re professional and take everything seriously. One of the most difficult tasks is keeping the facilities clean and sanitary as the people come and go. Having a well-crafted theatre and cinema cleaning checklist ensures that essential standards and rules are communicated and enforced throughout all cinemas.
Let’s dive into 5 essential tips that can help you execute the best theatre and cinema cleaning parctices to provide the best customer experience and the well-being of your staff and visitors.
1. Parking Area
You need to pay special attention to parking areas as it’s the first place that the majority of your customers enter before coming to watch the movie or performance:
- Make sure the parking entrance is properly marked.
- Use pressure cleaning to clean the parking lot.
- Ensure that pick-up and drop-off zones are kept safe during peak hours.
- Remove any rubbish from parking lots.
- Ensure that pedestrian pathways are well designated.
2. Entrances and Exits
Ask your custodians to follow the following tips for keeping entrances and exits clean and safe:
- If you have plants or landscaping, ensure that it’s free from dead plants and weeds.
- Floors tend to get dirty very quickly, so you need to take some measures to clean them properly. Clean the floor and walkway several times a day.
- After peak periods, you should sweep, vacuum, and clean the entrance and lobby floors. They need to mop floors at the opening and closing of the theatre and scrub them weekly.
- Your custodians should regularly vacuum walkway mats and carpets and schedule steamed cleaning at least once a month.
- Clean the ledges of windows.
- Remove dirt from the entranceway glass and doors.
- Empty the trash cans in the lobby and clean the bins’ exteriors.
- Use wet wipes to clean door touchpoints inside and out and other frequently-touched areas.
The entryway and box office are always busy, with people queuing to buy tickets or food, socializing, and waiting for the play or movie to start. To make long-lasting impressions, it is critical to keep this area clean at all times.
3. Concession Stands
Comfort food is commonly sold at concession stands. Popcorn, sweets, and soft drinks are the most basic concessions at movie theatres.
The concession area at a movie theatre suffers the same issues as a fast-food restaurant. As harmful bacteria can be transmitted by ingestion, your custodians should:
- Wipe down and clean all utensils before putting anything on the plate.
- Disinfect the food preparation tools, counters, and environment.
- Make sure the popcorn and smoothie or soda machines are all cleaned.
Schedule staff to perform these duties early in the morning.
4. Auditoriums and Seats
Follow these basic tips for maintaining hygiene for auditoriums and seats:
- Examine the seats, under them, and the aisles for cleaning any debris.
- Clean, disinfect, and sanitize seats, cup holders, and armrests.
- Empty and clean garbage bins.
- Wipe the inside and outside of the auditorium doors.
- Sanitize touch points with microfiber towels.
- Vacuum and mop floors and carpets.
You can consider hiring a service if you don’t manage to clean the surface properly with your cleaning crew. Cleaning maintenance for the entire auditorium, which has vast space, several movie halls, and seats, is unlikely to be handled by theatre or cinema employees alone. As a result, only professionals can manage to clean the area thoroughly. In the cinema, dirt, germs, and bacteria abound on the floors, seats, armrests, and cup holders. Traditional vacuum cleaners can aid in the removal of trash, grime, and dust from the seats. Steam cleaning is another efficient cleaning method that you can employ.
Clean the washroom thoroughly as the unpleasant odour and cluttered washroom will prevent your customers from coming back. The washroom is one of the germiest places everywhere, so it has millions of germs and bacteria inside. Here are some tips your cleaning staff can follow for practicing washroom hygiene:
- Clean, disinfect, and sanitise all stall walls, doors, toilet seats, and bowls.
- Use disinfectant wipes to clean sinks and counters.
- Top toilet paper, soap dispensers, and hand sanitisers up once they are running out.
- Sweep and mop floors.
How to Promote People to Follow Hygiene
If you don’t want the germs, bacteria, and viruses to spread around the building, you need to promote your visitors to follow basic hygiene practices. These practicies include:
- Use posters and signs on how to wash their hands properly.
- Refill soap and paper towels in washrooms so that they will be motivated to wash hands.
- Put hand sanitisers next to cinema entry, exit, near the till points, around the lobby, and at auditoriums. This can motivate your staff and visitors to follow proper handwashing practices.
- And in regards to your staff — ask them to disinfect and sanitize their keyboards and desk areas properly to prevent germs spread.
Let your staff and customers enjoy each day at your cinema and theatre. Maintain their health to show your professionalism and reputation by cleaning the environment regualrly. And if you want to find the best hygiene products for cleaning theatre and cinema surroundings, opt for Hyex.